Monday, November 10, 2008

Final Project Examples

My first project idea that I want to focus on is making an awareness shirt for the turtles in the San Diego Bay.
The shirt shown to the left is an example of what I want the shirt to look like. Three aspects of it that I really like that I want my finishing product to have is the design that is wearable, it has a message, and simple and not overly done.

I want my final product to be much like this example. Since I want to focus my project on a specific species of marine life in a specif location in San Diego my ideas for my own shirt is to have a turtle holding plastic bags filled with plastic bottles and having the turtle wearing a shirt that says "Keep SD Bay Clean". It's going to be a very simple design with a clear message.

Along with the shirt I want there to be a short little write up explaining what exactly the shirt stands for and why we should be concerned for this problem happening now. An example would be like something this shoe company TOMS does. If you click here
you can read what their cause is and what they do to help a problem that effects kids and adults of countries who are not as fortunate as the US to have shoes.

What I really like about their writing is that is clear and to the point. It states facts and isn;t a big long novel that no one wants to read. Much like that, I want my write up to be maybe a page explaining why I am focusing on sea turtles in SD Bay. I want it to include facts, ways to help, and the future of these creatures. I feel that all this is including in my TOMS example and this is what I want to use to guide my final product along.

No comments: