Tuesday, October 7, 2008


Demographics of San Diego


Describe questions you have regarding demographics
A question I have regarding demographics of the US is why does it seem there are more other nationalities but when you look at a demographics sites with demographics and statistics it says that race only makes up about 16% or less. To me, this seems like such a low number because I see so many different races more so then white people but the demographics sites say that the dominant race is the white race. At times, it seems to me that other races are more dominant then the white race.

I also noticed today while on American Fact Finder that people living along the coast, closer to the beach, make more then the average American. I saw that in Point Loma families made at least $20,00 dollars more then a family living inland. I can kind of understand how they would need more money to live along the coast because living near the beach can be more expensive then living inland but what I want to know is what are these families jobs where they are making so much money?


Explain how a particular demographic may be impacted by—or could impact—the election of one of the candidates for President.











I feel that the issue of abortion will have an effect on who they will vote for in this coming election. I know that McCain is opposed to abortion unless having to do with incest or rape and I feel that women will be against that. I feel that women will think that it is a woman's right to decide if they want to have the baby or not but I feel that sometimes women do take advantage of being able to have an abortion. I have heard stories of women using abortion as a form of birth control, having up to four abortions in their life. I know that not all women do that but I think that women will vote for at least being able to have the comfort of having an abortion if they need to, therefore swaying their vote to the candidate who is for abortion.

Abortion Article
Demographics of San Diego

No comments: