Saturday, September 12, 2009

Senior Project

When watching the different presentations I didn't learn anything new I didn't already know, however when researching climate and atmosphere I did learn more about air pollution and how it is formed. I didn't read too much about how it affects our food and water but I think it would be interesting to look into that further and maybe incorporate that into my senior project in some way.
I also think the industrial food vs home grown organic food would also make for a good project. I think it would be interesting to learn more about how different the two actually are such as how a dorito differs from an actual fresh made tortilla.

3 comments:

Will VanRoon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Will VanRoon said...

I really like the idea of comparing a heavily processed food (like the Dorito that you mentioned) to a natural, organic product. This could provide a clear parallel as to how foods can vary in production so heavily. Go for it.

Wyatt Watt said...

Im diggin your comparison between manufactured and organic foods. Perhaps you could even bring it to a larger scale. I know ive always been told that manufactured foods are not as good for you but if you could figure out and document exactly why that would be pretty juiced. You should also start thinking about what kind of media component you want to incorperate. What kinds of programs are you familiar with?